The parent council is made up of a combination of parents and school staff. The parent council contribute to the school in a number of very important ways:
- Feeding back parents views to our senior leadership team about what you feel we are doing well as a school and areas we can improve on;
- Fund raising for school by organising and volunteering at events such as school discos and summer fairs;
- Volunteering within school to hear children read or support on school trips;
- Contributing to discussions and decisions on the school environment and community use;
- Leading or supporting an extra-curricular club.
Parents can contribute to the school council in the following ways:
- Attending one or all of our half termly meetings (dates are listed below);
- Attending one of our parent coffee mornings (dates are listed below);
- Speaking directly to a member of the parent council or member of staff who will discuss your views at the next meeting;
- Expressing your views and opinions through our ‘question of the half term’. The question of the half term is posted via a text and letter sent to all parents. You can let us know your views and opinions on each question in three ways:
- Through our email address [email protected]
- By talking to your child’s teacher before or after school.
The parent council works together with the student council and the senior leadership team in school to make important decisions about our school.
If you would like any further information about the parent council please contact [email protected]
We look forward to seeing you at one of our coffee mornings or parent council meetings.